Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Introduction; House keeping!

Hi...

Well, firstly I suppose I should welcome you to my brand new blog ♥
 
The purpose of the blog is mainly, I suppose, a place for me to structure my thoughts and vent about anything that I feel needs venting.
 
First, a bit about me:
As of this moment, I am 28 (just turned, in July, 2010), I live with my Dad, my older sister (12 years older) and my 2 nephews (7 and almost 10). I also live with my fur babies... Dino- 10 year old long-haired Jack Russel. Smokey- 9 year old long haired Tabby cat. And Bender- 3 year old Blue Russian mix cat... Heartbreakingly, we lost his brother, Bindi, in April... he was hit by a car. God, that was so hard.... it was just the worst thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning. :( He was a cute tiger/cheetah print (hehe) with a bit of tabby stripes... but in a delicious caramel colours... SO CUTE!

All of the pets grieved for him, but none more than Bender- they were fraternal twins *sigh
I really miss him :( and I know Bender does too... Smokey just doesn't play with him the same way.

Bender and Bindi were born before my sister and I lived together, (though I was a frequent visitor)... and he was a very shy kitten. Didn't really like cuddles and was only interested in dinner really... I suppose that was due to being brought up with kids. But, when I came in to the picture, he started to change- and actually it all started when I found what I thought was a tick on his back (still not sure if it was one), but I got rid of something on his back for him (maybe just matted fur- as he had that later as well) and from then on, we were buddies. In fact, he became my number one cuddle buddy... and it was hard for the other cats to get a look in. I just adore having a pet on my lap... I really do, and in the end Bindi adore having me pet him... match made in heaven :). I was really heartbroken when he died. Still am. The place where he was hit, is directly opposite our drive way... so I see it multiple times a day.

I really suffered a lot when Bindi died... makes me scared of how I would react if a family member passed away- but I don't want to get too morbid.

I will most definitely be posting pics of my babies later tonight.

After Bindi died, and since Bender was SO sad... we have since become very close- he went through a really clingy stage, but he has settled down a lot. (I feel a bit like a nutter talking about my pets this way, but anyway, I love them and they are a big part of my life). Bender is really sensitive... and when I went to Canada earlier this year for 3 weeks, when I came home, he was SO upset with me, he ignored me for ages!!! haha. Cats!

Dino, the dog... well, he is a doll... but unfortunately we can't have him in the house. Why? Because he fights with the cats? Nope, he couldn't care less about them! It is purely because we got him when he was about 4 or 5 years old... and he is still not house-trained. He will not learn! He will cock his leg right in front you! It's so annoying. We would love to have him in, but you need to watch him constantly, and when he does wee inside, he doesn't mind being then put outside- he doesn’t seem to correlate the two things. We are at a bit of a loss as to what to do with him!!
 
I guess this initial post has been dedicated to my pets... ♥
 
I would also like to note, I have a BF, who I shall call 'P'... he is 29 and we live about 30mins from each other... but like me, he lives with a parent (his mum)... so we don't really spend enough time together- I think it is a dysfunctional relationship, to be honest... I have been with him for 2 years and I still haven't met his family, nor has he met mine... and we still haven't said 'I love you'... and right now, we are in a bit of a funk- I overreacted over something, and he went into his man-cave *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. We are both each other’s first bf/gf by the way. Late bloomer.
 
Um, also, another important thing about me... is that, this last year has been transformational for me. From the end of 2009 till April, 2010 I lost around 40 kilos... I have been trying to maintain my weight since April, but unfortunately I have put back on 10kilos. I could CRY! After all my hard work, I reverted back to my old ways of binge eating/emotional eating/lazy eating. I had a really bad month in April... my cat dying and my step-mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, amongst a plethora of other things... and I turned to food... and stopped exercising! :(
 
I lost the weight by going on a medical diet called 'Dr Cohens lifestyle' and I had to weigh my food (to the gram), eat 3 meals a day with 5 hours between. I could also only eat very specific foods... it worked for me because it was so rigid... it was either all the way, or not at all. After I completed the diet, I knew I could continue eating the same foods- I enjoyed the food and was looking forward to just not having to weigh it. Well, that all went to the wayside,,, and now here I am 10kilos heaver, trying to get back down to my goal weight (if not lower, please)... and try this maintaining business again! You weren’t allowed to exercise on the diet- as it was a very low calorie diet, but you were supposed to pick it up once you were maintaining... and I did start too... and I enjoyed it too. But after April, I just completely lost interest in everything. I was depressed. I am only just coming good.
 
 
So, that's me. All wrapped up! I plan to blog about my daily struggles and triumphs... and mainly, my war against getting fat, again!
 
xoxo
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart smile...