Thank the blogger that gave you the award and link back to their blog.
Share 7 facts about yourself.
Pass the award of to 10 other bloggers and let them know.
So, firstly thank you very much to sothisisglamour for the nomination, and onto the seven facts about my favourite subject. Me. Haha.
- I am terrible with money. It kind of gives me anxiety at times and I often suffer from Buyers’ Remorse but it doesn’t stop me from impulse buying. All. The. Time.
- It’s not like I impulsively buy expensive stuff though, I am a Bargain Hunter through and through and jusssttt love sniffing out a bargain!
- I have been in a ‘hold up’. I used to work at the Pokies (just saying that sounds funny) and was once held up by Imaginary Syringe Point. Working in St Kilda though, I did not take the threat lightly and believed he had a syringe. He came up behind me and I felt something cold and metal-like pressed against my elbow. He only took like $250. Not only did I have to give a million statements, go through countless mug shots at the St Kilda Road Police HQ (hilarity by the way, very entertaining), I also had to go to court! Turns out the guy they had nabbed wasn’t the guy and I completely turned the Prosecution’s case upside down. It was clear they were purely after a conviction, even if it wasn’t guy. Tsk Tsk.
- Funnily enough, I also had to appear in Court again that same week… This time I was the defendant. I had racked up a lot (thousands of $$$s worth) of Citylink Toll fines and had tried contesting them to no avail, so they took me to court. I had a not-so-great lawyer (he is deceased now, so I won’t speak ill of the dead), but I lost. The lawyer told me I had to plead guilty… then the Magistrate said how he disagreed with the law but because I had pleaded guilty he had to enforce the minimum, which was $1,400.00. Ahh nuts.
- My Step-Mother has early onset Alzheimer’s. It’s really awful. She only just turned 56 and she’s changed so much. My little brother and sister are only 24 and nearly 21, respectively.
- A little fact in the spirit of the Anzacs… After my Pop died (last year) my mum asked me to look him up on Ancestry.com. It said he had served in the army in WW2... Only we never knew. It was definitely his name listed but he had never mentioned it. Ever. We knew his brother served and we have a framed picture of him in his uniform. My Pop could have enlisted his name, so his brother could serve, or maybe he went to war, now we’ll never know! It’s our family mystery (that and the one about our heritage). After reading all the horrible things his ‘team’ (I don’t know the right words, platoon, battalion?) went though, it would be little wonder he never mentioned it. According to the Army records most of his group didn’t make it back home alive. I was devastated to think my Pop carried all of that on his shoulders and never told his family.
- After my most recent one, I now have 5 tattoos. When people see the one on my wrist they often remark ‘wow, I would never pick you to have a tattoo’… I can’t blame them. After all, I am just so sweet and innocent looking. Haha.
Wow, it is remarkably hard to come up with 7 facts about yourself!!
I will cop out of the nominating part of this award as most, if not all, of the blogs I follow have already taken part. Hooray for awards!